Friday, December 18, 2009

Christian Prayer

In our world of everyday life it is certain that we need a higher power to help us manage the chaos of life and I know nothing greater than Christian Prayer.  It seems there are struggles in our private world and our outside world as well with people losing their jobs here and there and not being able to find one and living on unemployment benefits which is not enough; it is distressing for all.  When Christians Pray, things begin to change and life becomes better.

If you do not know about prayer, let me give you some insight to what it is about and how it works.  Our Lord taught us to pray in the scripture when He gave us the Lord's prayer and it can be found in Matthew 6: 9-13...and it goes like this:  Our Father, who art in heaven; Hallowed be though name, Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.  Give us this day, our daily bread.  And forgive our debts, as we forgive our debtors.  And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.  For thine is the kingdom, and the pwoer, and the glory, forever. Amen.  KJV.  In the 33 verse it say this:  "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you".  This is talking about the material needs of life and sometimes the things we put before our God.  This should be very person's Christian Prayer.

Jesus, himself set an example for us, if you remember he went to the garden to pray before he was to be hung and nailed to the cross...he prayed, Father not my will, but thine be done.  That is not always an easy prayer to pray for anyone, but especially if we were to be put to death. 

Let me say the first step in praying if you have never prayed before is a prayer of repentance and it can be something like this:  Father, be merciful to me a sinner and I believe that you died to heal me of my sins and wash them white as snow.  I believe on your name and that you rose from the dead to set my soul free.  I accept your redemption and praise you for loving me.   I know you will find the words if you have never because if you are seeking God, He is calling you and He will give you what you need, if you ask and seek in Prayer.

In Luke 11:9- Jesus was teaching to pray and he said: And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Verse 10:  For everyone that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.  God's Plan for you is that you have good things in you life and it is not His will for us to suffer, usually we suffer from our own mistakes.

In Psalms 66:18-  If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me.  So when we go to Him, we must have the right spirit and have faith that He will hear our prayer and meet our need.  If we are seeking God we must not have malice in our heart we must go to Him with clean hands and a pure heart.

Sometimes we pray for things we do not need and He has not promised us that, but the things we need because He states in the scripture that He knows the things we have need of and that those things ye shall have.  Have you ever seen your money get low and you are hurting financially and all of sudden you made it through the situation without much struggle?  Praise the Lord, I have many times.  He is there for us to go to Him, not only when we are in need, but we should go to Him daily....kind of what we call preventive prayer, if you will..... If we go to Him daily and thank Him for what He has already done; praising Him...He will see our sincere love for Him and know that we need Him on a daily basis, not just when we are in trouble.  Usually this come by our efforts in our struggle for Spiritual Growth

Sometimes we have to go to Him over and over because we are always putting our foot in our mouth about something we should not.  I love some of David's prayers and here is one of them:  Psalms: 139: 23-24- Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way of everlasting.  Now this is Christian Prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment